Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Minh Chiem <Mi...@forge.com.au> on 2002/08/14 08:42:29 UTC

Making james a relay agent

Hi all. Would anyone know how I would go about making james a email relay
agent? By this, I mean the following steps

1. mail server forwards mail to james
2. james get mail and mailets do things
3. unmodified mail gets sent off to what its meant to do.

Re: Making james a relay agent

Posted by mohan <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Yes. We have done almost what you are asking for.
Exactly as you said, the some mail server sends mail
to James SMTP. James, after receiving the mail, hands
over the mail to the processor pipeline, i.e. a custom
mailet. In this mailet, we are changing the from and
to addresses and also doing some vulgarity check of
the message text.
After this, the mail is sent to the new To address.
This is has been done and working at proto level. Load
testing has not been done. Also, security checks are
yet to be incorporated.

Regards,

Mohan

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
Thats pretty much what James SMTP support *is*.