Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by dl...@rockwellcollins.com on 2013/08/29 22:45:08 UTC

svn log for externals

Hello everyone,

I thought I've seen discussion in the past on SVN behavior when doing an
"svn log" on a WC with externals but my google skills seem weak.

Currently svn log will display file changes and svn:externals property
changes, but will not display changes made to the file pointed at by the
external.  For example, if a user commits a change to a file external, svn
log will show that the properties reflects a new revision of the file is
now being referenced, but will not see commit made to the file, even if it
was done from the current WC.

It would be a very useful feature to have svn log include the log of the
file external(s) as if it were a formal vile within the WC (even if it
required a switch --include-externals) to enable.

Any thoughts on this behavior?

Thanks,
Dan