Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Veerappan Saravanan <ve...@integral.com> on 2001/10/15 19:45:33 UTC

using log4j in applets

Hi All!

I am in a 3 tier environment, where the domain is in an appserver and the
client is a browser. I would like to log some  error messages from my applet
on to my clients machine.  Has anyone ever tried it?

The only way I can think of doing this is by downloading log4j.jar on to the
client machine, and then using it to log messages. But that seems too big a
jar file to be downloaded on to the client's machine when he is browsing our
pages.

Help appreciated!

Thanks
Van