Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Tim Cocks <tc...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/03 11:38:50 UTC

Master cache machine no longer reachable causes spurious threads?

We use JCS outside of Turbine on about 20 machines connected to a JCS
master cache.

On occasion we have had to kill the JCS master cache process and have
observed the client machines gracefully realise the master cache is no
longer available.  They continue to work indefinitely, albeit without
access to the master cache.

However, when the machine running the master cache goes down
completely the clients continue attempting to connect.  In the
process, they are creating more and more blocking threads and the JVM
eventually terminates.

Is this a known problem?  If so, are there any solutions?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Tim Cocks