Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2011/05/10 17:29:05 UTC

Wookie and Rave integration

I've just made a proposal over on the Wookie lists to stop working on
any UI code and provide tight integration with Rave instead. If accepted
this would means that Wookie would point users to Rave if they want a
UI. Wookie would focus entirely on providing an API and command line
tool for working with the server. Rave would, of course, work with the API.

 From Raves point of view this would provide a reasonable amount of
Admin side UI code (not brilliant stuff, but a start). There is no need
to discuss this here in Rave at this point, the Wookie team may reject
my proposal. However, I thought I'd let the Rave team know just in case
anyone wants to follow along (or contributing on the Wookie lists).

If the Wookie team thinks its a good idea then I'll bring the proposal
here for discussion from the Rave side before acting on it.

See http://markmail.org/thread/orfkotszlhdycfno for the proposal thread.

Ross

Re: Wookie and Rave integration

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 05/10/2011 05:29 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> I've just made a proposal over on the Wookie lists to stop working on any UI
> code and provide tight integration with Rave instead. If accepted this would
> means that Wookie would point users to Rave if they want a UI. Wookie would
> focus entirely on providing an API and command line tool for working with the
> server. Rave would, of course, work with the API.
>
>  From Raves point of view this would provide a reasonable amount of Admin side
> UI code (not brilliant stuff, but a start). There is no need to discuss this
> here in Rave at this point, the Wookie team may reject my proposal. However, I
> thought I'd let the Rave team know just in case anyone wants to follow along (or
> contributing on the Wookie lists).
>
> If the Wookie team thinks its a good idea then I'll bring the proposal here for
> discussion from the Rave side before acting on it.
>
> See http://markmail.org/thread/orfkotszlhdycfno for the proposal thread.

Great to see possible close alignment between Wookie and Rave.
Good work Ross!

I haven't had time yet to follow up on the Wookie side of the fence, but noticed
the general response to this proposal has been positive so far.

Next: Shindig :)
Upayavira?

Ate