Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by M A <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/03 15:51:36 UTC

TOMCAT INSTALLATION

Hi,
I downloaded tomcat-4.1.18.zip and following the installation
precisely on my Window XP machine (PC standalone) However,
when I typed http://localhost:8080,   blank page appear
no error messages shown. Please help me figure out how to
set up Tomcat to run servlet.  I have jdk 1.3 installed.

Then, I try to use an eariler version 4.0.2 and when I typed
http://localhost:8080 in the browser, HTTP 500 Internal server error
is shown while TOmcat (DOS window) is running in the background with no
errors.
Thanks,
R. A.