Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Kobla Gbenyo <ko...@riastudio.fr> on 2011/05/10 11:34:58 UTC

Mapping "Object-HBase data" Framework!

Hello,

I am new at this list and I start testing HBase. I download and install
HBase successfully and now I am looking for a framework which can help
me performing CRUD operations (create, read, update and delete). Through
my research, I found JDO but I do not find more support on it. There are
any other frameworks to perform my CRUD operations or are there more
supports on JDO for HBASE? (for information, I am using maven for building)

Cheers,

--
Kobla.

RE: Mapping "Object-HBase data" Framework!

Posted by Vivek Mishra <vi...@impetus.co.in>.
Hi,

Kundera is an open source and currently supporting ORM over CASSANDRA, Hbase, MongoDB.
Support for REDIS will be there in  future.

https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera

Blogs for reference are:

http://xamry.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/working-with-mongodb-using-kundera/

http://mevivs.wordpress.com/2011/02/12/hector-kundera/

Le 10/05/11 11:34, Kobla Gbenyo a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am new at this list and I start testing HBase. I download and
> install HBase successfully and now I am looking for a framework which
> can help me performing CRUD operations (create, read, update and
> delete). Through my research, I found JDO but I do not find more
> support on it. There are any other frameworks to perform my CRUD
> operations or are there more supports on JDO for HBASE? (for
> information, I am using maven for building)
>
> Cheers,

Hello,

There are other frameworks that the very general-purpose JDO, e.g.
Meetup Beeno (https://github.com/ghelmling/meetup.beeno) or others listed on the HBase wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/SupportingProjects).

We develop yet another one, n-orm (http://n-orm.googlecode.com/), which is in a preproduction status. I'll write more on this list a little bit later.

All the best.

________________________________

Write to us for a Free Gold Pass to the Cloud Computing Expo, NYC to attend a live session by Head of Impetus Labs on ‘Secrets of Building a Cloud Vendor Agnostic PetaByte Scale Real-time Secure Web Application on the Cloud ‘.

Looking to leverage the Cloud for your Big Data Strategy ? Attend Impetus webinar on May 27 by registering at http://www.impetus.com/webinar?eventid=42 .

Re: Mapping "Object-HBase data" Framework!

Posted by Frédéric Fondement <fr...@uha.fr>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Most users I know rolled out their own since it doesn't require a very
big layer on top of HBase (since it's all simple queries) and it's
tailored to their own environment.

For JDO there's DataNucleus that supports HBase.

J-D