Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Hyde <bh...@gensym.com> on 1998/06/04 23:51:44 UTC

loop in apachectl

Can someone motivate the for loop in apachectl
for me?

I'd like to change it apachectl so I can pass
args to the server.

That -C switch is very nice.

 - ben hyde

Re: loop in apachectl

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Ben Hyde wrote:

> Can someone motivate the for loop in apachectl
> for me?

Motivate it?  No, but I can tell you the reason for it.  <g>

If you want to stop and start Apache, you can do "apachectl stop start".
There are a bunch of combinations you can do; start status, etc.  Well,
you could if it was written right.  You need a 5s sleep or something
between multiple commands.