Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pcman312 <pc...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/03 00:15:26 UTC

Closing an ActiveMQ Group

I am looking into AMQ groups and have a question regarding closing a group.

Here is my general setup:

I push a message with a group ID onto a queue. A separate process picks up
the message and reports the message text and group ID to stdout (it's just a
sandbox process). That process then sends a message back to that queue with
the same group ID and JMSXGroupSeq set to -1 to try to close the group. When
that sandbox process loops again to get the next message, it gets the
close-group message and processes it as though it's any other ordinary
message.

This seems counter-intuitive to me. If I am trying to close out a group, I
don't want the process to receive the close-group message because it ends up
meaning that I'll never truly close a group, I'll only move the group
between the consumers because the same group ID is sent back out to the
broker and back down to one of the consumers.

Am I doing something wrong here, or am I misinterpreting closing a group?

Re: Closing an ActiveMQ Group

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

sending a message back to the consumer will notify the consumer that
the group is closed. You can always filter this kind of messages in
your application.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac