Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Özhan Rüzgar Karaman <or...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/28 14:33:35 UTC

CloudStack KVM VM Load Balancing

Hi;
Does CloudStack handle, VM Load Balancing over KVM hosts? I am looking for
Vmware DRS style vm load balancing solution over KVM hosts. I check
documents but i could not find much info. Thanks for all responses.

Regards
Özhan

Re: CloudStack KVM VM Load Balancing

Posted by Vadim Kimlaychuk <va...@kickcloud.net>.
Hello Özhan,

       I hope this document may help you:
http://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.org/en/latest/networking_and_traffic.html
       Load balancing for guest VMs are done by virtual routers in
advanced zone.

Vadim.

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.
Just FYI,

There are plans to have DRS for KVM in upcoming release of cloudstack
that will be similar to VmWare, we are still in design phase at the moment..

Regards

Posted by Özhan Rüzgar Karaman <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dag;

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Özhan,

wrote:

>Hi Dag;
>What i understood from documentation is Load Balancing over KVM hosts are
>handled only from the selection on Service Offering >> Deployment Planner
>part. Is this information correct for KVM? Could you give me some
>information and comments?
>
>Thanks
>Özhan
>
>On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Hi Özhan,
>>
>> pure DRS style load balancing for KVM hosts doesn¹t exist yet for
>> CloudStack.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dag Sonstebo
>> Cloud Architect
>>

>> On 28/10/2015, 13:33, "Özhan Rüzgar Karaman" <or...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi;
>> >Does CloudStack handle, VM Load Balancing over KVM hosts? I am looking
>>for
>> >Vmware DRS style vm load balancing solution over KVM hosts. I check
>> >documents but i could not find much info. Thanks for all responses.
>> >
>> >Regards
>> >Özhan
>>
>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related
>>services
>>
>> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<
>> http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>> CloudStack Software Engineering<
>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
>> CloudStack Infrastructure Support<
>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<
>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>
>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
>>intended
>> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
>>or
>> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not
>>the
>> intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
>> upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the
>>sender
>> if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is
>> company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP
>>is a
>> company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape
>>Blue
>> Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in
>>Brasil
>> and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd
>>is
>> a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under
>> license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: CloudStack KVM VM Load Balancing

Posted by Özhan Rüzgar Karaman <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dag;

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.