Posted to users@maven.apache.org by joe shoemaker <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/13 21:11:32 UTC

problem mvn archetype create

I have put the following code into this file maven/bin/mvncreate.bat:
mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.erlang.maven
-DarchetypeArtifactId=erlang-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
-DgroupId=%1 -DartifactId=%2

When I execute the code I get like this:
G:\dev\project>mvncreate Test Core

I get an error,
Embedded error: Archetype does not exist.
Unable to download the artifact from any repository

Here is more info on the error:
G:\dev\project>mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.erlang.
maven -DarchetypeArtifactId=erlang-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dg
roupId=Test -DartifactId=Core
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class => 'org.codehaus.plexus
.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] **************************************************************
[INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
[INFO] Default Properties File: org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.pr
operties
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class org.apache.velocity.runtime.
resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
[INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated: org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLo
aderResourceLoader
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.
ResourceCacheImpl)
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template : VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in any
resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template VM_global_library.vm : org
.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource 'V
M_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in templates

[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline may NOT
replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be  glob
al in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID: Test
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error creating from archetype

Embedded error: Archetype does not exist.
Unable to download the artifact from any repository
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Nov 13 14:54:26 EST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/9M

Re: problem mvn archetype create

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 14/11/2007, joe shoemaker <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have put the following code into this file maven/bin/mvncreate.bat:
> mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.erlang.maven
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=erlang-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
> -DgroupId=%1 -DartifactId=%2
>
> When I execute the code I get like this:
> G:\dev\project>mvncreate Test Core
>
> I get an error,
> Embedded error: Archetype does not exist.
> Unable to download the artifact from any repository

if you haven't already got the 'erlang' archetype in your local repository,
and it's not on the
central repository (repo1) then you need to tell the archetype plugin where
to download it:

   -DremoteRepositories=http://some.remote.repo,http://another.remote.repo

HTH

Cheers, Stuart