Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by la...@linux.efrei.fr on 2005/05/27 17:39:49 UTC

org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIException

Hi!!

I'm a beginner with Xindice 1.0 (I need a standalone db) and Xupdate. I
implemented a Java program and I get this exception when perform my request:
org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIException:
IDL:org/apache/xindice/client/corba/db/APIException:1.0

Is it my query?

my Xupdate query is following, can you have a look on it?

String xupdate = "<xu:modifications version=\"1.0\"" +
		 "xmlns:xu=\"http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate\">" +
		 "<xu:append select=\"/images\" >" +
	 	 "<xu:element name=\"image\">" +
		 "<xu:attribute name=\"path\"> "+path+" </xu:attribute>" +
			"<context>h</context>" +
			"<people>f</people>" +
			"<place>montain</place>" +
			"<properties>" +
			        "<author>joe</author>" +
				"<quality>best</quality>" +
			"</properties>" +
			"</xu:element>" +
		"</xu:append>" +
		"</xu:modifications>";

--

Can't excecute a command

Posted by la...@linux.efrei.fr.
Hi!

When I try to excecute a command with xindice on windows I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: E:\xml-xindice-1/0\ja
va\lib\xalan-2/0/1/jar;

I checked my CLASSPATH and JAVA_HOME, there is no space in the directories

Re: org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIException

Posted by Todd Byrne <by...@cns.montana.edu>.
There are several modes of operation.

1). Servlet aka Tomcat, Cocoon
2). Built in jetty container aka standalone.
3). Embed

I personally use a tomcat because its easy( Tomcat for windows has an
MSI installer). Drop the war in and your up and running no extra coding
necessary. You get a database browse page for free and can use tomcat's
manager to stop and start Xindice on a whim from browser. But running it
embed is also another way to go.

I am sure I might have missed a operation mode so take a look here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xindice-users&m=108275386813198&w=2

Has a good explanation about using the different managed driver types.

Todd

Re: org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIException

Posted by Todd Byrne <by...@cns.montana.edu>.