Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Farr, Aaron" <Aa...@am.sony.com> on 2004/06/25 19:10:01 UTC

Avalon JMS, MDS, and Clustering

Hello.

I have some time this weekend, so I want to start working on Avalon JMS and
MDS implementations again.  I've got a running version of OpenJMS 0.7.6.1
running under Merlin in a production environment now and it's been
performing well.  I'll upload the new source code to the PhoenixJMS project
tomorrow (I hope).

With a JMS server up and running I can dive back into the MDS facility which
allows for Message Driven Bean-like Avalon components.

I'm also closely watching ActiveMQ and ActiveCluster over at Codehaus.  Both
of these may end up in Geronimo, and I think they might work very well for
Merlin facilities too (perhaps even getting Merlin clustering!).

Any suggestions or thoughts about this would be great!

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  STP SYSTEMS
  (724) 696-7653