Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2014/05/08 12:13:08 UTC

Re: Open Source Gardening - Lucene/Solr relevance?

Thanks for reminding us about this mess.

Rather than fix the old Wiki, we should  just archive it all and start
afresh with a better structured set of community-edited pages (already
being discussed elsewhere). Then Alexandre and others can direct their
energy towards building a really good New-User experience rather than
patching the old ugly wiki.

Also the huge amount of open JIRA issues getting shuffled from rev-to-rev
is not ideal. Reviewing old inactive JIRAs is something some of us do from
time to time, but could definitely need more eyes on that part.

The TaskList page could be replaced with some JIRA labeling conventions.
Much better to describe wanted tasks and features in JIRAs (with possible
sub tasks) than in wiki. We already tried that with the "newdev" label but
I'm afraid it is rather random what issues got that label - another need
for gardening.