Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jp <jo...@melbourneit.com.au> on 2012/05/10 06:45:08 UTC

ComponentFactory - decommissioning instance in component pool

Hi Guys,

I have configured a component pool as below

<component
    class="com.mycompany.ConfigImpl"
    pool-grow="4" pool-max="32" pool-min="8" role="com.mycompany.ConfigImpl">
    <parameter name="config-file" value="resources/myConfig.xml"/>
  </component>

Once we reach the max-pool size, I can see new instances are created if none is
available from the pool.

My understanding is that these new instances will be destroyed once it is done
with the job. But whats happening is these instances are kept in the memory
forever and are not decommissioned. Because of this, the heap size grows with
time and the app's performance is affected.

Can someone suggest what may be root cause of this issue?

Thanks
JP