Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Frank van Lankvelt <f....@onehippo.com> on 2010/11/01 17:14:57 UTC

wicket-ajax header from url?

In my attempts to integrate a javascript client-side framework (ext-js) to
wicket, I'm running into the problem that the client-side framework expects
URLs to send requests to, expecting a JSON/XML response.  This is of course
perfectly natural behavior for a js framework.

The documentation I could find suggested to use an AbstractAjaxBehavior.
 However, this doesn't quite work.  Concurrent proper wicket-ajax requests
(abstractdefaultajaxbehavior) are aborted due to
WebSession#isCurrentRequestValid returning false.

Am I doing something wrong here, or should I simply override the
isCurrentRequestValid method to always return true?

thanks, Frank

PS: I'm using wicket-1.4.9; but couldn't find relevant issues that have been
fixed since this release

--
Hippo
Europe  •  Amsterdam  Oosteinde 11  •  1017 WT Amsterdam  •  +31 (0)20 522

Re: wicket-ajax header from url?

Posted by Frank van Lankvelt <f....@onehippo.com>.
I think it would make sense to have any requests targeting an
abstract-ajax-behavior be marked as 'ajax', without requiring client-side
logic.  This makes client-side integration quite straightforward.  One then
only needs to implement the server side of the protocol, without having to
intercept the request creation process.  It also makes request handling more
robust in the face of concurrent requests, as I experienced.

Implementing this behavior with the wicket:ajax parameter in the url does
require support when rendering urls; should be easy in 1.5, is currently not
possible in 1.4 since the webrequestcodingstrategy does not render
user-defined request parameters.  I'm now doing it by simply appending
'&wicket:ajax=true' in the getCallbackUrl method.

There are probably alternative solutions that do not require a parameter in
the url; I haven't looked into those yet.

thanks for clarifying, Frank

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank van Lankvelt <f....@onehippo.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.