Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/10 08:12:08 UTC

Announce: Apache RAT Incubating 0.6

The Apache RAT team is proud to announce the availability of Apache RAT 0.6.

RAT (Release Audit Tool) is a tool, which is designed to verify the
compliance with legal policies. A typical use case would be the
presence of license headers in ASF projects.

RAT was initially developed as a Google project (see
http://code.google.com/p/arat/), but is now incubating as an Apache
project: This is the first version using the org.apache package
structure and related names. RAT users are strongly encouraged to
migrate, as the old Google version will no longer be maintained.

Disclaimer: Apache RAT is an effort undergoing incubation at The
Apache Software Foundation (ASF),  sponsored by the Incubator PMC.
Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects  until a further
review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
 making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a
reflection of the completeness or stability  of the code, it does
indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

The RAT distribution is available at

    http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/rat

The RAT web site is at

    http://incubator.apache.org/rat/

The RAT source code repository is at

    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/main/

For questions, please contact the RAT developers mailing list at

    rat-dev@incubator.apache.org

Re: Announce: Apache RAT Incubating 0.6

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> wrote:
> One note for future releases.... I didn't see this announcement going
> through the PRC. All announcements that may be picked up by the press
> need to go through the PRC for approval.

Huh? Release announcements are not press releases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Announce: Apache RAT Incubating 0.6

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Well done for getting this out the door.

One note for future releases.... I didn't see this announcement going
through the PRC. All announcements that may be picked up by the press
need to go through the PRC for approval.

Ross

2009/4/10 Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>:
> The Apache RAT team is proud to announce the availability of Apache RAT 0.6.
>
> RAT (Release Audit Tool) is a tool, which is designed to verify the
> compliance with legal policies. A typical use case would be the
> presence of license headers in ASF projects.
>
> RAT was initially developed as a Google project (see
> http://code.google.com/p/arat/), but is now incubating as an Apache
> project: This is the first version using the org.apache package
> structure and related names. RAT users are strongly encouraged to
> migrate, as the old Google version will no longer be maintained.
>
> Disclaimer: Apache RAT is an effort undergoing incubation at The
> Apache Software Foundation (ASF),  sponsored by the Incubator PMC.
> Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects  until a further
> review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
>  making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
> successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a
> reflection of the completeness or stability  of the code, it does
> indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.
>
> The RAT distribution is available at
>
>    http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/rat
>
> The RAT web site is at
>
>    http://incubator.apache.org/rat/
>
> The RAT source code repository is at
>
>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/main/
>
> For questions, please contact the RAT developers mailing list at
>
>    rat-dev@incubator.apache.org

Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - supporting open source in education and research
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk

Re: Announce: Apache RAT Incubating 0.6

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> is there any realistic way to use the new plugin in an apache project?
>
> What's the problem, in your opinion?

(sorry - should have been a little more careful with the phrasing)

> Within Maven, groupId = org.apache.rat,
> artifactId=apache-rat-plugin, version=0.6, should do the trick. If it
> doesn't, that's an error.

great works for me now :-)

(i couldn't find it in the apache repos)

- robert

Re: Announce: Apache RAT Incubating 0.6

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
<rd...@apache.org> wrote:

> is there any realistic way to use the new plugin in an apache project?

What's the problem, in your opinion? Within Maven, groupId = org.apache.rat,
artifactId=apache-rat-plugin, version=0.6, should do the trick. If it
doesn't, that's an error.

Jochen

--
Don't trust a government that doesn't trust you.

Re: Announce: Apache RAT Incubating 0.6

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.