Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Swampcritter <mi...@morris.com> on 2008/05/23 16:53:21 UTC

Understanding Active MQ

I come from the older IBM MQ Series environment, so I have some understanding
of MQ Series and how it works on a basic level.

I have been exploring Active MQ to replace an aging file transfer
application that was built in-house.

My question is...

Under IBM MQ Series, you needed to have both the MQ Server and MQ Client on
each site if you wanted to setup channels and local/remote queues. Does
Active MQ act the same way?

_or_

Can Active MQ have a central broker site and allow a 'point A' client send a
message to a remote queue found on the Broker site and then have 'point B'
could use another client to access that Broker holding 'queue' and download
the message?

-- Michael

Re: Understanding Active MQ

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.