Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com> on 2011/07/02 02:05:45 UTC

Problem with embedded line endings when inserting text in TextArea

Hi,
     We're trying to write a piece of code to do "tail -f" (essentially)
of a log file into a TextArea.  It looks like bad things happen
(including exceptions) if the text to be inserted has embedded newlines
or doesn't have a trailing newline.  The "getCharacterBounds" returns
bad values and therefore the scrolling to visible function fails.
     Anybody seen this before?  I don't have a small fail case, but
we've verified it in our big application.

Thanks.
~Roger Whitcomb

RE: Problem with embedded line endings when inserting text in TextArea

Posted by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@ingres.com>.
@Noel,
	Test case and exception traces posted to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-772.

Roger Whitcomb | Architect, Engineering | Roger.Whitcomb@ingres.com |
Ingres | 500 Arguello Street | Suite 200 | Redwood City | CA | 94063 |
USA  +1 650-587-5596 | fax: +1 650-587-5550
Posted by Noel Grandin <no...@gmail.com>.
OK, so it's something new.

Posted by Roger Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.

Posted by Noel Grandin <no...@gmail.com>.