Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com> on 2002/06/21 07:39:54 UTC

Bug or Feature, isEncodeable with encodeURL

I recently ran into a problem with Tomcat 3.3.1 (fresh download).
My servlet is named CFD.war, the Servlet Mapping code will match
on ANY case to direct to the CFD but the method isEncodeable does
a final check to make sure the URL to encode begins with the Servlet
name which is case sensitive. So depending on how the URL was typed,
you may have encoded href's or maybe not.

Is this the intended behavior, am I missing some configuration option ??

TIA
John G