Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by jim jimm <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/08 21:45:42 UTC

how to install hadoop 2.0.3 in standalone mode

I am new to hadoop and maven. I will like to compile the hadoop from the
source and install it. I am following instructions from
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html

So far, i have managed to download hadoop source code and from the source
directory issued "mvn clean install -Pnative"
Next i tried to execute mvn assembly:assembly, but i get following error:

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.3:assembly (default-cli)
on project hadoop-main: Error reading assemblies: No assembly descriptors
found. -> [Help 1]

Please help so that i can move forward.

Also, the above mentioned install link, does not mention what should be the
value of "*$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME*/*$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME"*
*
*
*Thanks in advance,*
*Jim*