Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Tim Cronin <tc...@interwoven.com> on 2006/08/30 16:20:11 UTC

Release Request

Is it possible for the release to standardize the jar name?
That is not put the version in it, your putting the version in
The manifest all ready. That is if it's not a big deal.

Thanks

Re: Release Request

Posted by Aaron Smuts <as...@yahoo.com>.
No.  We use maven, as should you, which requires that
all dependencies be versioned.  The convention is that
the name includes the version.  This is a very good
convention. . . . . I can store multiple versions in
my repository this way.  Also, I don't have to look at
the manifest to check the version.

Cheers,

Aaron