Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ron Savage <ro...@savage.net.au> on 2002/12/10 23:50:08 UTC

CGI.pm's path_info will not stay shared

Folks

I'm aware of this doc:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/perl_reference/perl_reference.html

Click on: 'my() Scoped Variable in Nested Subroutines' for details.

and I've just had a similar experience with $q -> path_info().
Context:
In this environment: Win2K, Apache 1.3.26, mod_perl 1.27_01-dev, Perl
5.6.1, CGI.pm 2.89,the CGI method path_info(), when given a URL
without any path info, returns the path info from the previous
submit, but only if the CGI script is running as an Apache::Registry
script.When the CGI script is run as a simple cgi-bin script, this
bug is not manifest.This is very like the behavior of my()-scoped
variables in nested subroutines, documented above.

Under Perl 5.8.0, Apache 2.0.43 the problem does not occur.

Is this a known problem?

If so, I suggest it be added to the docs.
--
Cheers
Ron Savage, ron@savage.net.au on 11/12/2002