Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Roman Huditsch <ro...@bkf.at> on 2006/08/07 15:21:56 UTC

DITA to xdoc stylesheets

Hi list,

I am trying to set up some kind of a documentation plattform based on
Forrest and DITA.
Before I begin writing the stylesheets for a DITA to xdoc transformation, I
just wanted
to ask, if someone has already done this...
Thanks a lot for your help.

best regards,
Roman

AW: DITA to xdoc stylesheets

Posted by Roman Huditsch <ro...@bkf.at>.
Hi everybody,

Thanks a lot for the information.
I suppose it will last some time, before the plugin will be realized.
So, for the meantime, I wrote some stylesheets doing the work.
Was much less effort than I thought...
It just took less than a working day to get a prototype up an running.
Thanks a lot.

best regards,
Roman

Re: DITA to xdoc stylesheets

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: DITA to xdoc stylesheets

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.

Re: DITA to xdoc stylesheets

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:
> I haven't looked at these yet, but google DITA to XDOC came up with
>
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.devel/day=20041204
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/forrest
> dev/200412.mbox/%3C41B32236.1030904@apache.org%3E

Progress was never made on that proposal. There is some discussion about
how to build a DITA plugin in those threads. Many of the problems we
discovered have been removed/lessened since by enhancements to the
plugin framework since those threads.

Another issue that held us up back then was the DITA stylesheets
discussed are now available under an ASF compatible license, or so I am
led to believe.

Ross

RE: DITA to xdoc stylesheets

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.
I haven't looked at these yet, but google DITA to XDOC came up with

http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.devel/day=20041204

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/forrest
dev/200412.mbox/%3C41B32236.1030904@apache.org%3E

Gav...