Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2008/04/22 01:00:06 UTC

A release candidate for uima-as is now available

on people.a.o/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uima-as/01.

The rat reports look good.

Please help test this - see the test plan :-) on the wiki
http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/testplanas222.html

Note that this test plan was kind of thrown together by yours truly, and
could (I'm sure) be improved - so feel free to fix/change it.

-Marshall

Re: A release candidate for uima-as is now available

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Michael Baessler wrote:
> Marshall Schor wrote:
>
>> on people.a.o/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uima-as/01.
>>
>> The rat reports look good.
>> Please help test this - see the test plan :-) on the wiki
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/testplanas222.html
>>
>> Note that this test plan was kind of thrown together by yours truly, and
>> could (I'm sure) be improved - so feel free to fix/change it.
>>
>> -Marshall
>>

> I did some release testing, details below:

Thanks!  :-)
> 1) extract code from SVN tag -> build works fine
>
> 2) using the src distribution package to build -> build works fine
>
> 3) Checking the source and binary release:
>    - Both packages (src and bin) have the same root folder (apache-uima-as). Why?

No particular reason.  My unzip procedure is to double-click the zip
file, at which point pkunzip springs into action and creates a dir with
the same name as the archive, without the ".zip" suffix, and then unzips
into that.  So the unzipped thing has a unique place.  Perhaps other
unzippers work differently.
>      I think user don't want to mix up both releases within the same directory.

Would this happen in practice, without the user explicitly directing the
unzipper to unzip to the same folder?
>    - What is the story for the uima-as binary package?
>      Do I still need the core apache-uima package?

No, the uima-as binary package is intended to be sufficient to run.  It
includes the jars from the core apache-uima package.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> on people.a.o/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uima-as/01.
>
> The rat reports look good.
> Please help test this - see the test plan :-) on the wiki
> http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/testplanas222.html
>
> Note that this test plan was kind of thrown together by yours truly, and
> could (I'm sure) be improved - so feel free to fix/change it.
>
> -Marshall

I did some release testing, details below:

1) extract code from SVN tag -> build works fine

2) using the src distribution package to build -> build works fine

3) Checking the source and binary release:
   - Both packages (src and bin) have the same root folder (apache-uima-as). Why?
     I think user don't want to mix up both releases within the same directory.

   - What is the story for the uima-as binary package?
     Do I still need the core apache-uima package?

-- Michael