Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roland Kofler <ro...@systemone.at> on 2006/04/07 12:07:46 UTC

[2.0.3] scp with password in settings.xml still needs type in pwd

Really, I don't get it. Why scp still asks me for a password when I have

settings.xml:

<server>
      <id>systemone-repository</id>
      <username>lalala</username>
      <password>lalala</password>
   </server>

and pom.xml:

 <distributionManagement>
    <repository>
      <id>systemone-repository</id>
      <name>System One Repository</name>
      <url>scp://development1/var/www/repository/</url>
    </repository>

Why deploy goal continues to ask me for passwords every time?
I don't want to use scpexe with keys and ssh-agent as I want to keep
configuration of developer machines as slim as possible

strange is also that i have to set ssh-wagon-alpha-7 explicitly. this
should be the default for 2.0.3 not?

thanks,
Roland

Re: [2.0.3] scp with password in settings.xml still needs type in pwd

Posted by Roland Kofler <ro...@systemone.at>.
Thanks again. I have a .ssh dir in my home folder. but he complains
aubout a password at every deploy.
I am so sad that I can't use full deployment fancy, plz help.

Roland

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roland Kofler <ro...@systemone.at>.

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.