Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "CHOU,TAIR-SHIAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <ta...@am.exch.hp.com> on 2004/07/15 01:10:16 UTC

Bug in AuthLDAPURL?

AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldap1.airius.com ldap2.airius.com/ou=People, o=Airius
require valid-user

When I try  the above AuthLDAPURL example given in "Apache Module
mod_auth_ldap" document with 2.0.50, I get the following error:

Syntax error on line 19 of /opt/hpws/apache/conf/ldap.conf:
AuthLDAPURL takes one argument, URL to define LDAP connection. This should
be an RFC 2255 complaint\nURL of the form
ldap://host[:port]/basedn[?attrib[?scope[?filter]]].\n<ul>\n<li>Host is the
name of the LDAP server. Use a space separated list of hosts \nto specify
redundant servers.\n<li>Port is optional, and specifies the port to connect
to.\n<li>basedn specifies the base DN to start searches from\n<li>Attrib
specifies what attribute to search for in the directory. If not provided, it
attribute and the filter combined. For example, assume that the\nLDAP URL is
<b>ldap://ldap.airius.com/ou=People, o=Airius?uid?sub?(posixid=*)</b>.
Searches will\nbe done using the filter
user name passed by the HTTP client. The search will be a subtree search on
the branch <b>ou=People, o=Airius</b>.

It seems to me, redundant ldap server separate with space is not working. Is
this a bug? I tried it with auth_ldap and it worked.

Regards,
Chou

Re: Bug in AuthLDAPURL?

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
CHOU,TAIR-SHIAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:

> AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldap1.airius.com ldap2.airius.com/ou=People, o=Airius
> require valid-user
>
> When I try  the above AuthLDAPURL example given in "Apache Module
> mod_auth_ldap" document with 2.0.50, I get the following error:
>
> Syntax error on line 19 of /opt/hpws/apache/conf/ldap.conf:
> AuthLDAPURL takes one argument, URL to define LDAP connection.

Can you try surrounding the ldap url with quotes and see if it fixes
this? (If so, the docs are wrong).

Regards,
Graham