Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2010/03/01 18:16:53 UTC

Re: problem building trunk

Massoud Mazar wrote:
> Thanks. I followed steps at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/GitAndHadoop and was able to do a successful build.

those are my ongoing notes, feel free to correct them; I am still trying
to understand Git enough to be able to use it

One problem is that the POM files created still include the -SNAPSHOT
tag of their dependencies (so hadoop-mapreduce) declares a dependency on
-SNAPSHOT of -hdfs and -core, even if you give everything version
numbers. I work around this in by system by not checking in the POM
files to SCM for other bits of my build (that take the version tagged
hadoop releases I make).