Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> on 2012/05/06 07:11:30 UTC

Editing OpenMeetings with Eclipse

I am using Debian for my OpenMeetings server,

Could someone give me  a few hints on how to install Eclipse to edit
OpenMeetings.

Using synaptic package manager, if I select the package "eclipse", it
will want to also install debian's ant but to be able to build
OpenMeeting I had to download and use Apache's ant.

You are correct I am using "svn", does Eclipse integrate with svn and
can I set Eclipse to use my downloaded Apache's ant ?

Thanks,

George Kirkham

IT Manager

Cooperative Research Centre For Greenhouse Gas Technologies (CO2CRC)

NFF House, 14 - 16 Brisbane Avenue, Barton, ACT, 2600, Australia

T: (02) 6120 1600

F: (02) 6273 7181

E: gkirkham@co2crc.com.au,

W: www.co2crc.com.au

    Date : Sun, 6 May 2012 15:11:30 +1000
     De : George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> Répondre à : openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org
 Objet : Editing OpenMeetings with Eclipse
      À : openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org

----- Fin du message de gkirkham@co2crc.com.au -----

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Editing OpenMeetings with Eclipse

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I mean this setting:
Under Window->Preference->Team->SVN there is a “SVN interface”, “Client:”
which I have now set to “SVNKit (Pure Java) SVNKit v1.7.0 SNAPSHOT”

to resolve
 I get “Error (100 of 125 items), mostly because “Project ‘Openmeetings’ is
missing required library: ‘build/lib/…”  where … is a listing of about 100
*.jar files.
you need to run
ant -Ddb=mysql prepare-eclipse
(if your DB==mysql)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: Editing OpenMeetings with Eclipse

Posted by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au>.
Hi Max,

I was not able to install “Subversion Revision Graph”, “Subclipse Integration for Mylyn 3.x (Optional)”, but I did install the other items.

You said “set "java only" in Preferences->Team>SVN”, but I cannot find such a selection?

Under Window->Preference->Team  there is  a “Perspective:” set to “Team Synchronizing” while there is also a “Java” option, but I don’t think this is what you mean.

Under Window->Preference->Team->SVN there is a “SVN interface”, “Client:” which I have now set to “SVNKit (Pure Java) SVNKit v1.7.0 SNAPSHOT”, it was JavaLH (JNI) Not Available”.

I then ran “File”, “Import”, selected “SVN”, “Checkout Projects from SVN”, Next

Entered https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openmeetings/trunk/singlewebapp/

Followed the prompts and selected “Finish”.

But now I get “Error (100 of 125 items), mostly because “Project ‘Openmeetings’ is missing required library: ‘build/lib/…”  where … is a listing of about 100 *.jar files.  However I am looking around in the Openmeetings code and searching for objects, methods, etc.

enter  http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.8.x <http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.8.x>   and install everything :)

    Date : Sun, 6 May 2012 15:11:30 +1000
     De : George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> Répondre à : openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org
      À : openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org

    Date : Sun, 6 May 2012 15:11:30 +1000
     De : George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> Répondre à : openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org
      À : openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello George,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: Editing OpenMeetings with Eclipse

    Date : Sun, 6 May 2012 15:11:30 +1000
     De : George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> Répondre à : openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org
      À : openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Under Ubuntu 12.04

     Date : Sun, 6 May 2012 15:11:30 +1000
      De : George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> Répondre à : openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org
       À : openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
George,

I will send you the steps shortly for eclipse on Debian

Best regards

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 May 2012, at 08:49, "George Kirkham" <gk...@co2crc.com.au> wrote:

> I wish I could " you can install the subclipse plugin from within eclipse gui ", but this does not work so well, it keeps failing due to some kind of dependencies.
>
> Maybe "download eclipse instead of using the one provided by your OS " would work better, but then how would I do this?
>
> It looks like I cannot get Debian's Eclipse to work, so back to using Text Editors, but which openmeetings files should I edit?
>

> Thanks,
>
> George Kirkham
>
> IT Manager
> Cooperative Research Centre For Greenhouse Gas Technologies (CO2CRC)
> NFF House, 14 - 16 Brisbane Avenue, Barton, ACT, 2600, Australia
> T: (02) 6120 1600
> F: (02) 6273 7181
> E: gkirkham@co2crc.com.au,
> W: www.co2crc.com.au

Stephen Cottham
Group IT Manager (Associate)

Robert Bird Group
Level 5, 333 Ann St
Brisbane, Queensland, 4000, Australia
Phone: +6173 319 2777 (AUS)
Phone: +44207 592 8000 (UK)
Fax: +6173 319 2799

Mobile:  +61400 756 963 (AUS)
Mobile: +447900 918 616 (UK)
Web: www.robertbird.com

This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain legally privileged information or copyright material. Unless expressly stated, confidentiality and/or legal privilege is not intended to be waived by the sending of this email. The contents of this email, including any attachments, are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact us immediately by return email and then delete both messages. You may not otherwise read, forward, copy, use or disclose this email or any attachments. Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states otherwise. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses or defects before opening or sending them on. None of the sender or its related entities accepts any liability for any consequential damage resulting from this email containing computer viruses.

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules
http://www.codetwo.com

4gLS0NCj4+IFNlYmFzdGlhbiBXYWduZXINCj4+IGh0dHBzOi8vdHdp
dHRlci5jb20vIyEvZGVhZF9sb2NrIDxodHRwczovL3R3aXR0ZXIuY29tLyMlMjEvZGVhZF9sb2Nr
Pg0KPj4gaHR0cDovL3d3dy5vcGVubWVldGluZ3MuZGUgPGh0dHA6Ly93d3cub3Blbm1lZXRpbmdz
LmRlPiANCj4+IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cud2ViYmFzZS1kZXNpZ24uZGUgPGh0dHA6Ly93d3cud2ViYmFz
ZS1kZXNpZ24uZGU+IA0KPj4gaHR0cDovL3d3dy53YWduZXItc2ViYXN0aWFuLmNvbSA8aHR0cDov
L3d3dy53YWduZXItc2ViYXN0aWFuLmNvbT4gDQo+PiBzZWJhLndhZ25lckBnbWFpbC5jb20gPG1h
aWx0bzpzZWJhLndhZ25lckBnbWFpbC5jb20+DQo+PiANCj4+IA0KPiANCj4gDQo+IC0tLS0tIEZp
biBkdSBtZXNzYWdlIGRlIGdraXJraGFtQGNvMmNyYy5jb20uYXUgLS0tLS0NCj4gDQo+IA0K

RE: Editing OpenMeetings with Eclipse

     Date : Sun, 6 May 2012 15:11:30 +1000
      De : George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> Répondre à : openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org
       À : openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org