Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by David Klosowski <da...@thinknear.com> on 2016/05/18 22:09:25 UTC

boto vs boto3

Hi Airflowers:

I was testing using the S3KeySensor and it became clear that it's using
boto instead of boto3. Is there any plan to migrate to boto3 (2.0 for
instance especially if there is full support for python 3)?

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/now-available-aws-sdk-for-python-3-boto3/

Thanks.

Cheers,
David

Re: boto vs boto3

Posted by Jeremiah Lowin <jl...@apache.org>.
Just for clarity, the old boto library is fully compatible with Python 3.
"boto3" is a completely different API that AWS is migrating to.

Re: boto vs boto3

Posted by David Klosowski <da...@thinknear.com>.
Great, thanks Chris.  I didn't see this on Github and neglected to start
looking at Jira.

Re: boto vs boto3

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.
Hey David,