Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Stephen Cameron <st...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/05 13:41:28 UTC

DataNucleus default catalog Schema

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has come across this issue before. I have a small
Isis application running locally, but when I try to migrate it I get issues
with MySQL configuration, specifically that the database tables appear to
datanucleus to not be present, even though they are (I did a database
export and import on the new server)..

I assumed that the database/schema being defined in the connection string
is enough.

I've granted all privileges on that database to the user who is specified
in the connection too.

The error I get is simply the following

   - org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.exceptions.MissingTableException
   - Required table missing : "DEXReferenceItem" in Catalog "" Schema "".
   DataNucleus requires this table to perform its persistence operations.
   Either your MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable
   "datanucleus.schema.autoCreateTables"
   - org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.table.AbstractTable#exists(AbstractTable.java:606)

   - org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager$ClassAdder#performTablesValidation(RDBMSStoreManager.java:3364)

   - org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager$ClassAdder#run(RDBMSStoreManager.java:2880)

   - org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.AbstractSchemaTransaction#execute(AbstractSchemaTransaction.java:119)

   - org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager#manageClasses(RDBMSStoreManager.java:1612)

   - org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManager#newNamedQuery(JDOPersistenceManager.java:1447)

I've been migrating the main project successfully for some time using the
same approach. I cannot think what is different now.

Hope this might be familiar to someone.

Cheers.

Re: DataNucleus default catalog Schema

Posted by Stephen Cameron <st...@gmail.com>.
I was mis-reading the error message, but just found the problem was fixed
by reading the following

"MySQL on Windows MUST specify * datanucleus.identifier.case * as
"LowerCase" since the MySQL server stores all identifiers in lowercase"

The database was exported on Windows and imported on Linux.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 11:41 PM, Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron.62@gmail.com