Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/02 13:15:04 UTC

Re: TCP disconnection

On 27/07/05, Zohar Amir <da...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a thread group that runs forever. That thread group runs a sequence
> of actions using TCP samplers (that reuse the same socket) that eventually
> gets the socket disconnected (logout from the target server). After the
> first loop the socket is disconnected, but it remains in the socket's map,
> leading to the second loop trying to reuse it.

Sounds like a bug.

> Is there any way to remove the socket from the map when it gets
> disconnected/after each loop terminates?

The code needs to be changed - perhaps you could raise a Bugzilla
request and attach a sample jmeter.log file showing the problem.

Re: TCP disconnection

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I've committed some changes to CVS HEAD, which are in the current
"nightly" build:

- TCP Sampler drops the socket if an error occurs. This may perhaps
fix your problem, but may not depending on when the error is detected.
I've not been able to test it.

- TCP Sampler supports different host:port combinations. Previously
only the first was set up. See Help for more details.

S.