Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Giustizia <lu...@giustizia.it> on 2003/12/23 08:45:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0.48 vs 1.3.29

Good Morning

i have no enough experience so i have this problem

On the desktop where i job i have Win2000 Pro , Oracle 9i rel.2 wich
bundle Apache 1.3.29 and Java 2 Runtime Environment Standard Edition
1.3.1_01

I configure Apache http.conf
I create a structure like this

My_Procedure
+---JSP
     +---Backup
     +---Javascript
     +---WEB-INF
          +---classes
          +---Connection

i create a simple JSP page like this

======== index.jsp ====================

<%@ page import="java.sql.*" %>
<%@ page import="java.net.*" %>

<%@ page import="java.awt.*" %>
<%@ page import="java.awt.event.*" %>
<%@ page import="javax.swing.*" %>

<head>
charset=windows-1252">
<%
  response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache");
  response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-store");
  response.setDateHeader("Expires",0);

  String url     =
"index.jsp?time="+Long.toHexString(System.currentTimeMillis());
  String ritorno = null;

  String ip                = new String(request.getRemoteAddr());
  InetAddress nome  = InetAddress.getByName(ip);
  String pc               = nome.getHostName();

%>
<title>Computer Login <% out.println(' ' + pc ); %> </title>
</head>

It work all fine, the java instruction are executed ( parsed ) and i see
the "name" of my computer

On my notebook where try different solution i have Win2000 Pro, Apache
2.0.48, J2SDK 1.4.2 which bundle an IDE call NetBEANS 3.5.1
When i install the J2SDK 1.4.2 it install also Tomcat ( what is ? )

I configure my http.conf and create the same structure but if i create a
simple html page my  HTTP Apache works fine

But if i "execute" the previous JSP page, java instruction are not
executed .

What must i do ? I have supposed that the two Apache version works in
the same way.
Why Tomcat is not present ( i do not find it ) in the installation on my
desktop ?

I follow these books

"Programming JAVA" of John R.Hubbard
"JSP Java Server Page, Reference Guide" of James Goodwill
"APACHE SERVER Administrator Guide" of Mohamed J. Kabir
but no mention of Tomcat.

And however i try to start but there is a problem with a variable call
JAVA_HOME

I "would like" to recreate the same "way to work" which i have on my
desktop on my notebook
Sorry for my english ( i'm italian )
Thank you in advance i hope someone can help me.
Merry Christmas