Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Christophe Le Bars <cl...@2fp.net> on 2004/08/25 16:51:09 UTC

another segfault with Embperl2/Apache/static mod_perl

Hi,

I'm willing to run Embperl2 with the stock apache-perl package (Apache
with mod_perl module statically linked). So, I downloaded the last
Debian libembperl-perl source package and rebuilt it.  (off course, with
EPHTTPD=/usr/sbin/apache-perl & apxs-perl).

Building went fine but "apache-perl -X -f $(dir)/test/conf/httpd.conf"
segfault during the make test.

There are few differences between the Debian & the CVS sources but I
tried also with the CVS tree & encountered the same problem.

The backtrace & debug info :

with the debian source tree :

[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 13806)]
0x406b198b in embperl_GetApacheConfig ()
   from /usr/lib/perl5/auto/Embperl/Embperl-13.so
(gdb) s
Single stepping until exit from function embperl_GetApacheConfig,
which has no line number information.
(gdb) BT
#0  0x406b198b in embperl_GetApacheConfig ()
   from /usr/lib/perl5/auto/Embperl/Embperl-13.so
#1  0x0809d7c8 in ap_merge_per_dir_configs ()
#2  0x0809f87c in ap_init_virtual_host ()
#3  0x080e17d4 in ?? ()
#4  0x08402404 in ?? ()
#5  0x080e1044 in ?? ()
#6  0x080e100c in ?? ()
#7  0x080edc5c in ?? ()
#8  0xbffffa48 in ?? ()
#9  0x0809fc24 in ap_read_config ()
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

with the cvs source tree :

[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 17404)]
0x406be89b in embperl_merge_dir_config (p=0x8348918, basev=0x83487b4,
    addv=0x836e2f4) at mod_embperl.c:749
749         }
(gdb) BT
#0  0x406be89b in embperl_merge_dir_config (p=0x8348918, basev=0x83487b4,
    addv=0x836e2f4) at mod_embperl.c:749
#1  0x0809d7c8 in ap_merge_per_dir_configs ()
#2  0x0809f87c in ap_init_virtual_host ()
#3  0x080e17d4 in ?? ()
#4  0x0844408c in ?? ()
#5  0x080e1044 in ?? ()
#6  0x080e100c in ?? ()
#7  0x080edc5c in ?? ()
#8  0xbffffa68 in ?? ()
#9  0x0809fc24 in ap_read_config ()
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

ii  apache-common            1.3.31-3        Support files for all Apache webservers
ii  apache-dev               1.3.31-3        Apache webserver development kit
ii  apache-perl              1.3.31-3        Versatile, high-performance HTTP server with Perl support
ii  perl                     5.8.4-2         Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language.

Did I miss something with the build dependencies or is this a bug?

Christophe

RE: another segfault with Embperl2/Apache/static mod_perl

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> I'm willing to run Embperl2 with the stock apache-perl
> package (Apache with mod_perl module statically linked). So,
> I downloaded the last Debian libembperl-perl source package
> and rebuilt it.  (off course, with
> EPHTTPD=/usr/sbin/apache-perl & apxs-perl).
>
> Building went fine but "apache-perl -X -f
> $(dir)/test/conf/httpd.conf"
> segfault during the make test.

I just tried apache 1.3.31, mod_perl 1.29 and Embperl 2.0rc1 (which is the
same as the current CVS) and don't get any problems durig make test
(everything build from the source).

Are you sure the you build with the same Perl as mod_perl was build,
especialy with the same compiler options. Angus mentioned something that
LARGE_FILE support was compiled in recently. If these settings are different
between Apache/mod_perl and Embperl compiler, there will be a segfault in
any case.

If you made sure that these compiler settings are the same for all builds
and versions of Perl and Apache are the same for mod_perl and Embperl build,
then the question is where does it segfault? Does it perform some test or
does it directly segfault?

If it first performs some test, please send me the test/tmp/test.log and in
any case run

make test TESTARGS="-h --cfgdebug"

And send me the output on the screen and the test/tmp/httpd.err.log

Hopefully together with stackbacktrace this helps to track down the problem.

Gerald

P.S. I will not be able to read mail before Saturday evening or Sunday.
Sorry...