Posted to women@apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2006/08/01 06:05:38 UTC

Strategies for increasing participation

women@ has had a couple conversations about why some subscribers do or
don't like it that the mail list archives are publicly accessible (the
starts of a couple threads are at [1] and [2]). I've received the clear
message that some subscribers don't like the archives being publicly
accessible.

What changes would you like to see that would make it comfortable to
participate? Would the addition of a private list for confidentially
discussing personal matters help? What else?

I would especially like to reach those who didn't participate in earlier
discussions. So, if you don't want to post a reply to women@, please
email it to me with explicit permission to repost it (which I will do
without the information identifying who you are, of course).

regards,

 -jean

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-women/200508.mbox/%3c431527C1.5070205@bristowhill.com%3e
(posts continue into the following month)

[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-women/200605.mbox/%3c4460BCE5.3010604@bristowhill.com%3e