Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Elisei Rotaru <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/05 17:46:35 UTC

Axis & Tomcat on a server which requires proxy settings

Hello,

I run an axis2 1.3 webservice on a server which requires proxy settings to
connect to the Internet.

I try to access with my webservice an axis1 webservice. And to access this
axis1 webservice i have to tell my axis2 webservice that he should connect
to the axis1 webservice through a proxy.

This works with System wide settings like:

System.setProperty("http.proxyHost",<ProxyHost>);
System.setProperty("http.proxyPort",<ProxyPort>);

Only that other service get an http transport error afterwards.

How can i set http proxy only for that webservice when he calls the axis1
service?

Thanks a lot.

Elis,

Re: Axis & Tomcat on a server which requires proxy settings

Posted by Elisei Rotaru <el...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,

The Pubmed Website has hidden very well the last Version of their service
with the such less support as they could give.

*Known issues*

Axis 2.x still is not able to generate correct code for eUtils WSDL. The
recommended version of Axis for Java is 1.4.
Therefore it is a problem of "Axis 2.x" ?

Strange ...

Posted by Elisei Rotaru <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

Posted by Elisei Rotaru <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.

Posted by Elisei Rotaru <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michele,

This is how i can set ProxyProperties when i access a webservice with axis2.

In axis1 the ProxyProperties are set somehow else (i dont really know how
and where).

Another Question perhaps:

If there is a webservice running with axis1, and i generate my stub classes
from the wsdl file with wsdl2java from axis2, will that work?

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Elis,