Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/02/26 23:04:52 UTC

[FLEXJS] Intellij (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 - RC2)

It will be great to find out what IntelliJ's assumptions about a Flex SDK
are.  For FB, the main issue was the introduction of new compiler options
like mxml.children-as-data.
FB couldn't accept them in flex-config.xml because we're still using MXMLC
and ASC2.0 to compile the code so for FB we have these eclipse launch
configurations that you run in order to compile and/or cross-compile the
code.  The installer creates these launch configs.  Maybe we'll have to
create a set for IntelliJ as well.

Someday we'll feel confident enough to not ship MXMLC in a FlexJS release
at all and rely on Falcon and then we may be able to get rid of the launch
config requirement.

-Alex

Re: [FLEXJS] Intellij (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 - RC2)

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
I'll be experimenting this days with the environment to figure what is
needed. I'll return with more data as I could analyze it.
Btw, one thing I'm finding is how to get source code for FlexJS SWCs. This
for example, is something I had directly due to maven nature of Flex
project, but without maven it seems (or at least I can't find) there's no
way to assign source code to SWC libraries...

I'll keep playing with the IDE and will return back to this thread when I
have some useful data :)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Alex,

[...]