Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/09/19 04:46:16 UTC

Board Report - Comments please

Hi everyone,

We have a board report due and it appears that the RoUS is a tad busy
at the moment.  I pulled the following from STATUS and added my
recollections and musings.  Please add your comments to this thread
and I'll happily roll them up into a big bushel of information to the
board.  We need to get this pulled together for Wednesday morning.

Thanks!

This report is for the last two months (let's say August  - September):

*Community*
- Voted in 1 new committer which brings us to 32 committers
- Voted in 7 new PMC members.  PMC currently at 19 members
- Community voted to return to CTR from RTC starting on September 18th

*Releases*
Geronimo - Version 1.1.1 was approved for release and the jars were
made available on Monday, September 18th.
Xbean
Devtools
DayTrader - Version 1.1.1 is ready to start the release process.  It
includes minor tweaks and a few bug fixes.  Nothing major.

*Development*
Geronimo
- Dain and Alan were voted in as release managers for 1.2.
- Content being defined by the community.

Xbean

DayTrader
- Bug fixes for 1.1.1.
- Some POCs on new Ajax interfaces

DevTools

*Other Stuff*

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

Re: Board Report - Comments please

Posted by Achim Weßling <ac...@gt-net.de>.
Hi,

why aren't there any links on the downloadpage to the 1.1.1-Release?

Achim Weßling

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 18, 2006, at 10:46 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We have a board report due and it appears that the RoUS is a tad
> busy at the moment.  I pulled the following from STATUS and added
> my recollections and musings.  Please add your comments to this
> thread and I'll happily roll them up into a big bushel of
> information to the board.  We need to get this pulled together for
> Wednesday morning.
>
> Thanks!
>
> This report is for the last two months (let's say August  -
> September):
>
> *Community*
> - Voted in 1 new committer which brings us to 32 committers
> - Voted in 7 new PMC members.  PMC currently at 19 members
> - Community voted to return to CTR from RTC starting on September 18th
>
> *Releases*
> Geronimo - Version 1.1.1 was approved for release and the jars were
> made available on Monday, September 18th.
> Xbean
> Devtools
> DayTrader - Version 1.1.1 is ready to start the release process.
> It includes minor tweaks and a few bug fixes.  Nothing major.
Genesis - initial release vote nearly complete
GShell - ?

> *Development*
> Geronimo
> - Dain and Alan were voted in as release managers for 1.2.
Unless I'm mistaken, this was only discussed. There hasn't been a vote.
> - Content being defined by the community.
>
> Xbean
>
> DayTrader
> - Bug fixes for 1.1.1.
> - Some POCs on new Ajax interfaces
>
> DevTools
>
> *Other Stuff*

--kevan

Re: Board Report - Comments please

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Consolidated all the wikis into cwiki.apache.org based on Confluence.

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 9/19/06, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> This report is for the last two months (let's say August  - September):
>
> *Community*
> - Voted in 1 new committer which brings us to 32 committers
> - Voted in 7 new PMC members.  PMC currently at 19 members
> - Community voted to return to CTR from RTC starting on September 18th
>
> *Releases*
> Geronimo - Version 1.1.1 was approved for release and the jars were
> made available on Monday, September 18th.

Xbean 2.6 is out on Sunday, September 3, 2006.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: Board Report - Comments please

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.
Moved Geronimo's Wiki from Moin Moin to Confluence.

Inter-project relationship status:
* Yoko (CORBA orb) integration work in Geronimo under way.
* Changed Geronimo trunk build to maven 2.
* Future versions of Geronimo (2.x) will use the ActiveMQ and OpenEJB
projects currently in the incubator instead of the versions of these
projects from Codehaus.

John