Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by jdw <jw...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/16 20:25:18 UTC

Help migrating Flex web application

We have a web application with several pages written in mxml and
ActionScript.  I've read the Royale documentation and installed Royale.

When I run mxmlc src/phoenixclient.mxml, I see the following:
Using Royale Compiler codebase:
/Users/jwootton60/.nvm/versions/node/v8.11.3/lib/node_modules/@apache-royale/royale-js/royale-asjs/js/bin/../..
Using Royale SDK:
/Users/jwootton60/.nvm/versions/node/v8.11.3/lib/node_modules/@apache-royale/royale-js/royale-asjs/js/bin/../..
MXMLJSC
+royalelib=/Users/jwootton60/.nvm/versions/node/v8.11.3/lib/node_modules/@apache-royale/royale-js/royale-asjs/js/bin/../../frameworks
-sdk-js-lib=/Users/jwootton60/.nvm/versions/node/v8.11.3/lib/node_modules/@apache-royale/royale-js/royale-asjs/js/bin/../../frameworks/js/Royale/generated-sources
src/phoenixclient.mxml
Warning: phoenixclient is defined by multiple files:
/Users/jwootton60/Notes/Research/FlexToHtml5/ApacheRoyale/Phoenix/Main/src/phoenixclient.mxml,
/Users/jwootton60/Notes/Research/FlexToHtml5/ApacheRoyale/Phoenix/Main/src/phoenixclient.as

/Users/jwootton60/Notes/Research/FlexToHtml5/ApacheRoyale/Phoenix/Main/src/phoenixclient.mxml(2):
col: 1 Error: This tag could not be resolved to an ActionScript class. It
will be ignored.

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
xmlns:phx="org.familysearch.phoenix.extra.*" layout="absolute"
^

<nabble_a href="phoenixclient.mxml">phoenixclient.mxml
phoenixclient.as
<http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/file/t175/phoenixclient.as>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Jay

--
Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/

RE: Help migrating Flex web application

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
I suggest to try to follow the migration docs [1]. Depending on your IDE, you might need to add a configuration option in order to use the emulation components. In VSCode, for example, you’ll want to set the config option [2] to “flex”.

Hope this helps.

[1] https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/migrate-an-existing-app/migrate-from-flex
[2] https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-as3mxml/wiki/asconfig.json#top-level-properties