Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Michael Jinks <mj...@uchicago.edu> on 2012/07/05 20:55:35 UTC

VCL and data persistence (AD)?

Hi all.

On our Windows lab machines, we make a persistent user home directory
available via CIFS.  In order for that to work properly, the client
system must be joined to Active Directory.  On our existing lab machines
I believe we're doing the AD join by hand after the system is cloned,
but that will be impractical in a VCL environment.

Is anybody else doing something similar?  Or, have you found another
strategy for providing data persistence?

Thanks.

--
Michael Jinks :: mjinks@uchicago.edu
University of Chicago IT Services