Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Madeleine Rollason <ma...@ntlworld.com> on 2002/02/15 09:05:56 UTC

Total Novice!

Dear All

I'm a total novice when it comes to servers, I have managed to download and instal Apache - I have also changed the conf. files, only problem is I can't see my web pages, only the directory that they are in - can anyone help? I'm using Windows XP and trying to configure it with Cold Fusion

Thanks a Bunch in anticipation

Warm Regards
Maddie

Re: Total Novice!

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
Madeleine Rollason wrote:

> Dear Pietro
>
> Thank you for your help, unfortunately the answer is no, when I click on the
> files in the directory I don't see the pages either and I have an index.html
> page, which is why I don't understand - any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated, many thanks

If I understand correctly, you are seeing the directory index - what do
you see when you click on the file?

The important directive is:

DocumentRoot C:\Path\to\Your\Directory

Rgds,