Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by zud <pr...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/07 07:52:13 UTC

crawl command not working

hi every one iam new to nutch as well to linux .i have downloaded nutch 1.0
in linux and have
extracted it  and i  made some changes as mentioned in the tutorial to crawl
a website
in crawl-urlfilter.txt like this way http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*xxxx.com/
and when i type command  bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawls -depth 10

as mentioned in the tutorial it shows a message that  no such command or
folder

  iam typing this command from command prompt(terminal) changing my path to
nutch directory

can any one please help me regarding this problem

Re: crawl command not working

Posted by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com>.
Looks like the path to JAVA_HOME is incorrect.

Don't need NUTCH_HOME if you type ./bin/nutch, from where you have
deployed nutch. But you need the dot and the slash... Maybe a little
tutorial on bash shell would help you... You will need it later
because Nutch is not an easy application, although it does great
things.

2010/1/7, zud <pr...@gmail.com>:

> MilleBii wrote:
>>
>> Did you set the JAVA_HOME dir ?
>>
>> Did you include $NUTCH_HOME/bin in your PATH if not make sure to type
>> ./bin/nutch crawl ...
>>

>> i have set the JAVA_HOME
>> i didn't set NUTCH_HOME  when i type the command with .bin---
>> it shows no command or folder and when i type the command like this (with
>> out .) bin
>> it dispalys following message
>>

>> bin/nutch: line 252: exec: /usr/share/doc/sun-java6-jdk/bin/java: cannot
>> execute: No such file or directory
>>
>> please help me
>>
>> 2010/1/7, zud <pr...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> hi every one iam new to nutch as well to linux .i have downloaded nutch
>>> 1.0
>>> in linux and have
>>> extracted it  and i  made some changes as mentioned in the tutorial to
>>> crawl
>>> a website
>>> in crawl-urlfilter.txt like this way http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*xxxx.com/
>>> and when i type command  bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawls -depth 10
>>>
>>> as mentioned in the tutorial it shows a message that  no such command or
>>> folder
>>>
>>>   iam typing this command from command prompt(terminal) changing my path
>>> nutch directory
>>>

>>> can any one please help me regarding this problem
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> -MilleBii-

-MilleBii-