Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Rainer Scherg <Ra...@rexroth.de> on 1997/08/08 18:10:02 UTC

mod_proxy/980: Controlling Access to Remote Proxies would be nice...

>Number:         980
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Controlling Access to Remote Proxies would be nice...
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
A possibility to restrict access to a remote proxy is often needed,
when a company has an internet firewall running (apache = one of the intranet
servers) and wants to restrict the use of this firewall.

As I understand it, apache seems only to be able to restrict access to
it's own proxy. This means any other intranet webserver [NoProxy ...]
and any remote server [ProxyRemote] are sharing the same acl definition using
the <Directory proxy:*> directive.

A possibility to define a ACL for a Remote Proxy would be nice...

Tnx for listening
Rainer