Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Lenin Gali <ga...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/05 19:27:32 UTC

Microstrategy and Hive on the AWS Cloud

Hi,
 I am trying to work on hooking MSTR with Hive on AWS cloud on Linux. Has
any one implemented this and if you did can you share some of your lessons
learned and if there is a doc with steps that would be helpful as well.

If this was not done on the cloud but done on a hosted server on any Linux
flavor, I do not mind hearing about that and I can draw some similarities
and see what I can do to play with it on the cloud and make it work.

Thanks
Lenin

--
lenin@sharethis.com
twitter: leningali

Re: Microstrategy and Hive on the AWS Cloud

Posted by Ning Zhang <nz...@facebook.com>.
It should be much shorter than that. I'll do that after I'm a little freed up from the current stuff. Please follow JIRA HIVE-1101. I'll upload the patch there .

Thanks,
Ning

On Mar 5, 2010, at 2:26 PM, Lenin Gali wrote:

Thanks Ning. Any particular time frame you are looking to release that patch (1month, 2 months or more)?

Lenin

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Ning Zhang <nz...@facebook.com>> wrote:
Lenin,

We did the MSTR & Hive integration in our own Linux environment.  You'll need the Hive ODBC driver installed (see http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveODBC). Currently part of the ODBC driver is not included in the Hive package due to open source license incompatibility. You can download the patch from HIVE-187 and follow the instructions in the wiki page and compile it yourself.

The only caveat is that the patch HIVE-187 works for MSTR 8.1.2. For v9 and 9.0.1, I have a new patch working, but need sometime to clean up before uploading it.

Ning

On Mar 5, 2010, at 10:27 AM, Lenin Gali wrote:

Hi,
 I am trying to work on hooking MSTR with Hive on AWS cloud on Linux. Has any one implemented this and if you did can you share some of your lessons learned and if there is a doc with steps that would be helpful as well.

If this was not done on the cloud but done on a hosted server on any Linux flavor, I do not mind hearing about that and I can draw some similarities and see what I can do to play with it on the cloud and make it work.

Thanks
Lenin

--
lenin@sharethis.com<ma...@sharethis.com>