Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Gary Yasuda <co...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/05 02:59:38 UTC

NET FTPClient changeWorkingDirectory

I am using the commons-net-1.3.0.jar libraries.

The changeWorkingDirectory(String) requires a Class
String as the path.  If I put the path between double
quotes, the directory is changed.  If I use a String
variable, the directory is not changed.

For example,
FTPClient ftp = new FTPClient();
ftp.changeWorkingDirectory("/tmp");

This will change me to the /tmp directory.

However,
String dir = "/tmp";
ftp.changeWorkingDirectory(dir);

For some reason, I will not be placed in the /tmp
directory that is assigned to a String variable.

Even this will not work:
ftp.changeWorkingDirectory(dir + "/test");

Is this is a known bug?

Gary

Re: NET FTPClient changeWorkingDirectory

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com>.
Gary,

I think you may need to give us the context ( ie: more code ) around
what you are doing.  Constant string or variable shouldn't matter.

Sometimes while I'm tracking these types of issues down, I write a small
little test case with out my *application* getting in the way.  Maybe
you've tried that already?