Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Philipp Baust <ph...@web.de> on 2007/06/07 14:15:46 UTC

Some Questions

Hello,

I'm new to lenya and have some questions:

- Is there a posibility to set up two different publications which
share the same content?

- I'm using lenya 1.4-dev and looking for a way to export my live site
into static html, I read that forest  can do the job but frankly I
don't know how.

- My publications contain a lot of images. Is there a way of organizing
your assets in the bxe add-image dialog?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards
Philipp Baust

Philipp Baust
Ludwig-Erhard-Straße 5
91052 Erlangen

Tel: +49 151 15355314
E-Mail: philippbaust@web.de

Re: Some Questions

Posted by Philipp Baust <ph...@web.de>.
Am Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2007 18:07 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:
> [...]

Thanks a lot for all the help.

> >> Not yet, but this functionality has been discussed and will hopefully be
> >> provided in a future 1.4.* version.
> >
> > I thought one can configure this within publication.xconf?
>
> You could point two publications to the same content directory,
> but then both would display exactly the same content with the same
> site structure. I don't think this is what Philipp intends, is it?

Not exactly.

Different sitetrees per IP-group in the same repository is a possibility and
very cool because you can easily serve different sitestructures for different
subnets.

This is also usefull, because under AC Live you can set:
	world -> visit -> deny   or
	anotherIPgroup -> visit -> deny

and if so, there is no need to show this specific item in the menu or tabbar.

Re: Some Questions

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Philipp Baust schrieb:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>> I'm new to lenya and have some questions:
>>>
>>> - Is there a posibility to set up two different publications which
>>> share the same content?
>>>

>> Not yet, but this functionality has been discussed and will hopefully be
>> provided in a future 1.4.* version.
>>

> I thought one can configure this within publication.xconf?

You could point two publications to the same content directory,
but then both would display exactly the same content with the same
site structure. I don't think this is what Philipp intends, is it?

What we don't have is a shared repository for publications, e.g.
to use the same documents in two different site structures, add
internal links between publications etc.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH