Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/11/12 15:05:29 UTC

Hadoop 2.6.0 being voted on on hadoop common-dev list, what do we need in Hadoop 2.7?

Hadoop 2.6.0 is being voted on in the common-dev list...everyone is
encouraged to download it and play with it, make a vote. Everyone's
opinions matter.

Now, what do we want in Hadoop 2.7?

off the top of my head

   - finish the registry stuff, including REST API
   - full support of REST APIs in YARN apps with AM Filter and RM Proxy
   supporting other verbs
   - some other things under YARN-896

if we can think of some more I can put them in a slider "update to hadoop
2.7" JIRA.

BTW, Hadoop 2.7 is Java7+ only

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hadoop 2.6.0 being voted on on hadoop common-dev list, what do we need in Hadoop 2.7?

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.
Security wise - perhaps the ability to actually wire encrypt AM traffic (i.e AM HTTPS support).  Will require management of AM specific keystones, RM/AM trust establishment, etc (YARN-2554)

— Jon

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <su...@gmail.com>.
Java7 is good news.

wrote:

> Hadoop 2.6.0 is being voted on in the common-dev list...everyone is
> encouraged to download it and play with it, make a vote. Everyone's
> opinions matter.
>
> Now, what do we want in Hadoop 2.7?
>
> off the top of my head
>
>    - finish the registry stuff, including REST API
>    - full support of REST APIs in YARN apps with AM Filter and RM Proxy
>    supporting other verbs
>    - some other things under YARN-896
>
> if we can think of some more I can put them in a slider "update to hadoop
> 2.7" JIRA.
>
> BTW, Hadoop 2.7 is Java7+ only
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE