Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Dave Everson <dj...@mygolftrac.com> on 2001/11/16 15:32:14 UTC

Velocity & Calculating Total Amounts

Hi -

In a Velocity template, I am attempting to generate a total for all the detail lines displayed on the page.  However, the total is always displaying zero.

Here is what my code currently looks like:

 #set($totalBlockScale = 0)
 #foreach ($greenLoadDetail in $load.GreenLoadDetails)
    #foreach ($packDetail in $greenLoadDetail.PackDetails)
       ...cut other columns...
     #set($totalBlockScale = $int.valueOf($totalBlockScale) + $int.valueOf($packDetail.blockScale))
  #end
 #end

This code correctly displays all the detail lines, but the total is always displayed as zero.  $packDetail.blockScale does have valid numeric values.  If I change the #set($totalBlockScale = 0) line to something like #set($totalBlockScale = 5000), then the total is displayed as 5000.  So for some reason, each detail line is not incrementing the $totalBlockScale variable.

Can someone help me with what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Dave