Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Jo...@lotus.com on 2000/10/24 19:30:52 UTC

What's the status of ExtensionHandlerGeneral?

Downloaded it and got some gripes about callFunction not matching the
signature of the abstract method in ExtensionHandler. Fixed that and it
asked me to change one of the invocations of that method, where
transformer.getXPathContext() was yielding an org.apache.xpath.XPathContext
and callFunction is expecting an org.w3c.xslt.ExpressionContext.

I presume the right answer is to correct the former and cast the latter...
but since nobody else has complained about this, I'd like a sanity-check
before I check in that change. If this is code that's being actively worked
on, I don't want to sabotage someone else's efforts.

(It's taking me a little while to get used to the diff-and-reconcile mode
of operation; I've generally used checkout/checkin style change management
in the past.)

Re: What's the status of ExtensionHandlerGeneral?

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Joseph_Kesselman@lotus.com wrote:

> Downloaded it and got some gripes about callFunction not matching the
> signature of the abstract method in ExtensionHandler. Fixed that and it
> asked me to change one of the invocations of that method, where
> transformer.getXPathContext() was yielding an org.apache.xpath.XPathContext
> and callFunction is expecting an org.w3c.xslt.ExpressionContext.
>
> I presume the right answer is to correct the former and cast the latter...
> but since nobody else has complained about this, I'd like a sanity-check
> before I check in that change. If this is code that's being actively worked
> on, I don't want to sabotage someone else's efforts.
>
> (It's taking me a little while to get used to the diff-and-reconcile mode
> of operation; I've generally used checkout/checkin style change management
> in the past.)

Joe --

Something is not right here.  The checked in version of
ExtensionHandlerGeneral and ExtensionHandler definitely have matching
signatures for callFunction.  XPathContext implements ExpressionContext
so that call should have been okay as is too.

Are you using the correct version of ExtensionHandler (1.4)?  Hopefully,
there is no mixup between J1 and J2 versions.

Gary

Re: What's the status of ExtensionHandlerGeneral?

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Joseph_Kesselman@lotus.com wrote:

> Downloaded it and got some gripes about callFunction not matching the
> signature of the abstract method in ExtensionHandler. Fixed that and it
> asked me to change one of the invocations of that method, where
> transformer.getXPathContext() was yielding an org.apache.xpath.XPathContext
> and callFunction is expecting an org.w3c.xslt.ExpressionContext.
>
> I presume the right answer is to correct the former and cast the latter...
> but since nobody else has complained about this, I'd like a sanity-check
> before I check in that change. If this is code that's being actively worked
> on, I don't want to sabotage someone else's efforts.
>
> (It's taking me a little while to get used to the diff-and-reconcile mode
> of operation; I've generally used checkout/checkin style change management
> in the past.)

Joe --

I see the problem here.  The current callFunction expects an
org.apache.xalan.extensions.ExpressionContext not the one from
org.w3c.xslt (which no longer exists).  You must have old version as
your working versions.  Suggest you do a

	cvs update -P -d

in your xml-xalan/java directory.

Gary