Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> on 2018/12/27 16:37:41 UTC

Netbeans 10.0 and C/C++ Support

I just upgraded from NetBeans 8.2 to NetBeans 10.0, and I seem to have lost
support for C/C++ source code.  I had an existing project that had the
nbproject/ directory, and lists the plugin type as:

<type>org.netbeans.modules.cnd.makeproject</type>

When I try to open this project, I get a message that it is an unknown
project type.  Additionally, if I try to create a new project, I see
options for Java, PHP, etc., but nothing for C, C++, GNU Make, or anything
like that.

Does NetBeans 10.0 support C/C++?  Is there some option I'm missing for
this plugin?

-Nick

Re: Netbeans 10.0 and C/C++ Support

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the info, Emi.  One of the issues with trying to install the 8.2
plugin is that I cannot find it.  I've added the 8.2 plugin repo, and also
looked on the website, and I cannot find the MakeProject plugin.  The only
ones listed for C/C++ support are NBCndUnit and GDBServer, and if I try to
install these I get an error that several org.netbeans.modules.cnd plugins
are missing.

Should I download the 8.2 installer and try to install from there, or is
there another way to get these plugins?

Thanks - Nick

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
Thanks, John.  I ended up wiping my settings entirely and then following
your video, and was able to get it installed.

Regards,
Nick